Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 5 February 2009

Alices in Wonderland: Part 23


So far, all the illustrations that I have used have come from books in my own personal collection. This post is breaking, for the only time that I intend to do so, with that self-imposed rule. I do not own a copy of this version and am unlikely to ever do so. Until last year I thought I would probably never see one other than on the internet. Last year however I found a shop in London with a copy proudly displayed in the window. I chatted to the man in the shop for a long time about it but I could never even consider laying out £4000 for one book... even one illustrated by Salvador Dali!

As she wanders on through the woods Alice comes to a caterpillar sitting on top of a mushroom, smoking a hookah.

No comments: