Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 27 November 2009

Another Mystery Solved

I think I have the answer to my increase in traffic.
It seems that the people over at blogger have changed the way that the Next Blog button works. Previously you got a random blog which might have been relevant but could just as easily have been a blog written in Icelandic about the joys of collecting used tongue depressors. Now, it seems they try to present you with blogs with content and language similar to your blog browsing history. I don't know what exactly their algorithm takes into account but it seems to mean that more of the people who might like your blog are likely to see it. And, so far it seems to work.
And of course it also explains why I see a lot more photography and poetry blogs now which is also a good thing.
Unless you were after an Icelandic tongue depressor blog, of course.

1 comment:

arnie said...

I was reading about that from someone else who'd discovered the same thing. I can't remember who it was but I know he was posting mainly about language. Apparently he's findng umpteen peeve-blogs about language that he never knew existed and is finding it a little scary. ;)