Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Hearing loss

This is most disagreeably disconcerting.
I woke up this morning to find that I couldn't hear anything through my left ear and had only very limited hearing in my right ear. Of course I know what the problem is. It's nothing more than that old favourite - wax, but, as a teacher (especially a language teacher) if I can't hear I can't do my job. I managed to get in to see the doctor at short notice. (One benefit of the bad weather, I suppose - lots of cancellations.) He tells me that until I have softened the wax up with drops for a few days there is nothing to be done about it. That means I have several days to look forward to of walking around with my head tilted to the side and feeling as if my brain is wrapped in cotton wool. 
I almost got run over a couple of times on my way to and from the surgery because I couldn't hear the traffic, though bizarrely I could hear a man scraping the ice from his windscreen when I was still a street away from him - though I couldn't have told you which direction it was coming from if my life depended on it.

I hope this condition can be cleared up soon. It's really rather unpleasant.

2 comments:

David Love said...

DON'T WORRY! WE CAN TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND USE LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!

I SAID - WE CAN TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND USE LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!

EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!

OK???????

DAVID

DID YOU HEAR?? I SAID DAVID!!!!! YES!!!

Bob Hale said...

There's no need to shout.