Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 10 May 2009

Alices In Wonderland: Part 44

Some time ago in this series of posts I mentioned that I had intended to post an illustration from the edition illustrated by June Goulding but that her web site indicated that she'd rather I didn't. This week, to my surprise and delight, June contacted me and said that I could go ahead, that use of an illustration in a review should be OK.



The edition is from Parragon, published in 2003. (ISBN 1-40541-670-X) It's a nice hard back edition of the two books printed on glossy paper and absolutely packed full of illustrations. The text, thank goodness, is the standard Lewis Carroll version and the illustrations are bright, cheerful and colourful. It's one of my favourite modern editions. (My own favourite illustration? The feast scene at the end of Looking Glass.)

So. It's been a few weeks. Where were we in the story?

Alice had rushed off to the court for the trial. In the court she finds that the King and Queen are the judges, various other characters are the jury and the White Rabbit is the court herald, reading the charges and calling the witnesses.

No comments: