Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Alices in Wonderland: Part 27

This was to be a post showing one of the illustrations by June Goulding but it is clear from her blog that she does not wish her work to be reproduced elsewhere. It's a pity because I really rather like it but as the blog in question contains a request not to repost her work, I shall comply with her wishes and move on to another artist. If you wish to see her Alice illustrations, then you'll just have to buy a copy.

So, Alice, after some conversation with the footman, enters the house and finds herself in a kitchen where a cook is busy throwing pepper around and the Duchess is tossing a baby into the air. Everyone is throwing crockery about and a cat is lying on the hearth



This illustration is by one of the most famous artists to have illustrated the book, Arthur Rackham.

1 comment:

June said...

Hi,
I was interested to find my name mentioned here.
My request is actually that you don't use my blog images without my written permission, due to copyright problems... you can always ask me for permission.
You never know, I might even say yes! :o)
There is only one sketch related to Alice on my blog; The Mad Hatter preliminary drawing.
Please feel free to contact me if you wish to use it.

Best wishes,
June