Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 9 February 2009

Not just me

This post from Neil Gaiman's blog is so much like me it's uncanny.

And it's not just tea. I'm an English teacher and a running joke in my classes between me and my students is how often I lose board pens, erasers, papers etc. I can have a pile of papers in my hand but when I come to hand them out I can't find them and the observant students will notice me surreptitiously looking around, trying to notice if I've left them on my desk, or near the computer, or on one of their desks, or on the window sill or occasionally in the bin.

I can sit at an empty desk with just a sheet of paper and a pen and if I blink my eyes I will lose the pen and the paper. If I blink twice I might even lose the desk.

No comments: