Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 18 February 2009

North Korea update

I realised, as I was filling in a form to apply for a DPRK visa, that I will, if all goes to plan, be entering the country on my birthday. I'd known of course that my birthday was during the trip but not that it was my actual entry date into North Korea.
I've spent quite a few of my birthdays out of the country because it almost always falls into the Easter break. For example, two years ago I was fifty and spent it having a marvellous time visiting friends in Chicago.
Our visit on to the pub on my birthday was very silly and to prove it here is one of the photographs from the event (let no one accuse me of being unwilling to show myself in an unflattering light!) wearing the rabbit ears that were one of the several Alice in Wonderland presents that I received.
Lest anyone should scoff, there exists in another location on the web, a set of such photographs showing each of the group in turn wearing them.



I must find out what the alcohol situation is in DPRK, though I think I'll leave the bunny ears at home.

No comments: