Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Ongoing #70

Still in a melancholic mood today.

The illustration in the book shows a distant stately home with completely empty gardens in front of it. This haiku is partly inspired by that and partly inspired by the view of my back garden from the kitchen window on this gloomy and miserable morning.

Mourning Haiku

The grass overgrown,
Apples lying where they fell:
Untended garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminded me of a saying about 500 years old, "that if I knew that the world would end tomorrow, tonight I would plant an apple tree."

Bob Hale said...

The reason I love your blog, and the blogs you had before (which everyone should check out -for example at http://tagein-tagaus-athen.blogspot.com/ is that you have such a philosophical viewpoint. I always enjoy your thoughtful comments.

Bob Hale said...

The reason I love your blog, and the blogs you had before (which everyone should check out -for example at http://tagein-tagaus-athen.blogspot.com/ is that you have such a philosophical viewpoint. I always enjoy your thoughtful comments.