Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 20 October 2008

Where do we go from here...

Well, I don't know where we go from here but I do know where I go. I've just booked my first proper holiday for some time. I am a little concerned that the relevant stamps in my passport may cause me some problems if I try to visit my friends in America for future wordcraft conventions but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
It's a chance I'll have to take, after all, how many of my friends are likely to be able to say they have visited North Korea? Well, that's where I'm going. There are some quite drastic restrictions on travelling around within the country - for example you can't leave the hotels except as a group with the North Korean guides present so my habit of early morning wandering around the streets is a no-no, and you can't take mobile phones into the country so I'll have to just hope that no emergencies arise at home.

I'll post more about the itinerary later but for now I'll just start counting down the days to next Easter which is when the trip takes place and try very hard not to think how much it's going to cost me.