Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 4 September 2010

Forthcoming Attractions

I have decided that I will take up the invitation to take part in the poetry slam at the Hollybush in Cradley Heath on Sunday 19th September. I've been thinking about trying out slams as an alternate venue for my poetry for a while and this seems like a good time to do it. The venue is smaller and less intimidating than many and the organisers are actively encouraging people who have never taken part before to try it.
I have some ideas about the poems to use and, after my performance at Bilston Voices, I fully intend to learn them and perform rather than read.

If nothing else, I'm sure it will be great fun. Pity about the timing. The slam is in September and I am attending a performance poetry course in November. Oh well, things are very rarely perfect.

No comments: