Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 16 January 2012

A River of Stones: Catch Up

I've been writing my small stones but haven't had a chance to post them.

Here are the ones that have been missing.

11th Jan

The Chinese Bookshop

I cannot comprehend their alien symmetries but the pages paint pictures on my eyes and I continue to browse. A new meaning to "just looking"

13th Jan (12th was already posted}

He is selling frozen eels from a box in the market square, smashing them into smaller pieces with a hammer.

14th Jan

The three-wheeled rubbish cart rattles along the street playing ice-cream-van Jingle Bells.

15th Jan

Overnight every street corner has become a fireworks stall. Red lanterns hang above the carpeted pavement and the laughing traders.

16th Jan

Fire crackers hang in long streamers from the apartment windows on every floor. A rolling explosion of a million momentary cracks fills the city with constant celebration.