Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 18 June 2012

Sex

Eye-catching title for a very boring observation. It occurred to me
today to wonder why, if the ratio of male to female in China is 1.06 :
1 *, is the ratio of female to male clothes shops in Baiyin about 30 :
1 **?

*Source CIA World Factbook
** Source: my own eyes and the ability to count

Incidentally, also from that second source, there are also no fewer
than 26 barber's and hairdresser's shops within three minutes walk of
my front door. There may be more. I could have missed a few in side
streets.