Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Fame?

I've just seen an old episode of the original US version of The Apprentice*. It was one where the candidates had to organise a celebrity auction - selling off experiences with the celebrities in question. Each team was allocated five celebrities to negotiate with.
Now I know this is the US and not the UK but there was not one single person among them that I have ever heard of. Not one of the ten.
That's OK though. I don't expect many of our so-called British celebrities - even the really big names - have made much of an impact there either.
What amused me was that in negotiating with someone who apparently has a succesful chat show one of the candidates said to him "Maybe the winner could meet you and a celebrity."
Ouch!

(*Look, I know. I'll watch pretty much anything I can get my hands on that's in English. There probably is a line I won't cross but The Apprentice isn't it.)