Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 8 November 2010

Canibalism?

Editing a piece for my forthcoming performance at City Voices, I noticed that Word had put a red line under "aubergine" in the phrase "breakfast consisted of banana and coconut served up with fried aubergine". 
Checking why it was wrong, I realised that it was because I had the spelling checker set to US English. What was more startling was the suggested correction - "fried aborigine".

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

You mean to say you can't get Fried Aborigine at your UK McDonald's? It's so very common over here I never even though to mention it. It's not as good as Frog Fricasee, but it has a distinct and delicious crunch.