Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 8 April 2012

China: Birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday.
The sun is shining.The day is beautiful and hot.
Last night I had a great birthday celebration with my colleagues and friends.
Couldn't be better.

From time to time people ask me if I am enjoying my time in China as
much as I seem to be.
Let me answer it this way. I have just returned from a walk around the
city. It was my intention to buy myself a birthday present. As I
strolled slowly around, just taking my time and enjoying the warmth of
the sun on my face and arms I pondered what to get for myself and I
came to the conclusion that there is nothing that I actually want.
Sure I'd love a pound of cheddar cheese or a pint of Enville White but
I have grown used to not having certain things and wanting something
that it's impossible to get is a bit silly. I'd love them but right at
the moment I don't actually want them.
There is literally nothing that I want.

And tomorrow is my birthday, the sun is shining, the day is beautiful and hot.
Couldn't be better.