Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 16 April 2012

"Geek Joke" or "Why physicists don't get invited to parties"

The lesson this week is very straightforward. In essence the students
choose a location, some characters and a situation and write - then
perform - a brief sketch.

From one group of (presumably) physics enthusiasts among my English students.

------------------------------------------

Einstein and Newton are playing together in Heaven.

Einstein: Do you want to play hide and seek.
Newton: OK
Einstein: I'll close my eyes and you hide.
Newton: OK

<Einstein closes eyes>
<Newton draws a one metre square on the ground and stands in the middle of it.>

Einstein: Are you ready?
Newton: Yes, I'm ready.

<Einstein opens eyes>

Einstein: Hello Pascal. Where did Newton go?

-------------------------------------------------------------

It took me few seconds to figure out and I have a physics A-level
(admittedly from a long time ago.)