I've commented on the Chinese tendency to overpackage things before but this is one of the finest examples yet. I just bought three lemons. I only wanted one but there were none loose, only packaged in threes.
The packaging consisted of
1. Each lemon individually shrink-wrapped.
2. Each shrink-wrapped lemon in an individual small plastic bag.
3. Three three bagged lemons in another slightly bigger plastic bag.
4. The bigger bag containing the lemons placed on a plastic tray and covered in cellophane.
5. The whole tray wrapped in another layer of cellophane.
And of course it was all put into another plastic bag at the checkout.
All for the sake of a lemon.
Sanskrit and Pseudo-Sanskrit Daoist incantations
7 hours ago