Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Embarrassing but true (the story, not the remark!)

Just had a weekend in the city of Yinchuan. Very nice it was too. On the walk to the bus stop to head for the station and home we passed a number of buildings with extremely scantily clad women in the brightly lit windows. Allegedly massage parlours it was clear that, in spite of official denials that such things exist in China, they were brothels. I joked to me girlfriend, "Do I have time?"


Her answer?
"The bus comes in five minutes and you must take  your clothes off and back on so... yes."

The cheek of it!