Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 31 May 2014

That's a relief.

Just read this interesting article about the way we allow ourselves to believe things printed on food labels.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/05/pomegranate_supreme_court_case_food_industry_nutrition_claims_sound_scientific.html

The article is interesting but I was relieved when on a second reading of this sentence I realised it didn't say "pancreas" as I'd first thought.

"but the mythic power of vitamin C lives on thanks to our insatiable desire for panaceas"