Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Alices in Wonderland: Part 8


Once again I've discovered very little about Franz Haacken, the illustrator of my German copy, Alice im Wunderland (dtv, 1973, translator: Lieselotte Remané). All I have been able to find is that he was born in 1912 and died in 1979. The illustrations are mostly black and white pencil drawings and are suitably whimsical.

Alice manages (by drinking the contents of a bottle labelled "drink me") to shrink to the size of the door but finds it now locked and the key is on top of a glass table that is too tall to climb.

No comments: