Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Alices In Wonderland:Part 45

The defendant in the trial is, of course, the Knave of Hearts.

As an interesting (or perhaps not) aside, this is the role that I took, aged six or seven, in my infants school play. I had, as I recall, two lines. "It wasn't me." and "Do I look like it?"

This illustration is from another of those editions where I would like to give some information but can't. It's a Japanese edition and because I can't read a single word of Japanese I don't know the publisher or any other details. What I can say is that it, in spite of the picture below, quite typical Manga art by, according to the shop where I bought it (in Malaysia) Sakumo Shigeko.

As ever, if anyone can provide more details of the edition, I'd be grateful.

No comments: