Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 27 July 2009

Beermat English

I had been looking at the words on my beermat in the pub yesterday for some time before it occurred to me that there was more than one possible interpretation and that I had no idea which was meant. Worse than that, one of the two possible interpretations gives precisely no information.

"MADE WITH 100% BRITISH BARLEY"

Does this mean that the beer in question has

a) British barley as the only grain involved in the brewing process or
b) Multiple different grains are present but any barley used is British (though there might be any amount from 0% to 100%)

No I have no idea either.

No comments: