Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 19 February 2010

Alan Partridge Lives!

A news story that passed me by this week until it was mentioned on a new panel show this evening, was this.
Apparently I was wrong when I thought that "Deal or No Deal", thirty minutes of people choosing random numbers, was the absolute nadir for television quiz shows. Now Noel Edmonds has thought of a whole new level, a quiz show where the quizmaster is a monkey. The proposed title of the show (which hasn't actually been commissioned, but it's surely just a matter of time) is "Beat The Monkey", an unfortunate choice that was only emphasised by a slip by Victoria Coren, a panelist on the show where I heard about it, who referred to it as "Spank The Monkey".

I'll bet that when Steve Coogan had Alan Partridge desperately pitch the idea of Monkey Tennis to an unsympathetic executive he had no idea that his joke would soon seem sane by comparison to the ideas they really come up with.

No comments: