Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 8 June 2010

An easy mistake

Yesterday in the barber's shop, while I was waiting, my father was getting his hair cut and chatting with the barber.
"My youngest has gone on holiday." he said.
"Where to?" asked the barber.
"Bosnia." said my father.
The puzzled barber looked at me.
"Borneo." I explained.

I suppose it's an easy mistake to make. Even if, only one minute before sitting in the chair, my father had asked me,
"Where's Ray gone again? Is it Bognor?"

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm geographically challenged, too, so I have some sympathy for your father's confusion.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the full name Bognor Herzogovina?

Evil Dadov

Bob Hale said...

Quite probably. I can't wait for them to enter the Eurovision Song Contest.

Anonymous said...

I think Mr Dadov was getting confused with Bosnia Regis.

Ida Vole (V.D.)