Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 26 June 2010

Forthcoming Attractions

Last night I went to a poetry even organised by Geoff Stevens to celebrate his forty years performing by revisiting the pub where he read for the very first time so long ago. I was happy to go and celebrate with him, he's a poet I admire a lot. It was a great evening with an open mike session for poets so I got to do a set. I enjoyed it immensely, not least because it was a rare chance to perform the stuff that I like most myself rather than the stuff that I think will be popular with the City/Bilston Voices crowds. 
And that brings me to the purpose of this post. Shameless self-promotion. For anybody who is interested and in the vicinity of Bilston, I'll be reading again in the August Bilston Voices. You'll get about fifteen minutes of me and fifteen minutes each from some rather more accomplished writers. The venue is Cafe Metro in Bilston, the date is 26th August, the time is 7:30, the cost is £2.
I've had a request to include some of my poems about the House on the Rock so that will form part of the set. The rest will therefore also need to be poetry rather than prose and I shall probably stick with a travel theme.
August the 26th - be there or be somewhere else!

4 comments:

David Love said...

I'll do a deal. I'll let you show me yours on Thursday August 26th if I can show you mine on Thursday July 29th at the Brewood Acoustic Music club. Admission charge likely to be pretty much the same or perhaps one pound more just to keep up the quality threshold. All you've got to do is find Brewood Cricket Club. More info at http://brewoodacousticmusic.co.uk/whats-on

Should I pay you an advertiser's fee for this?

Bob Hale said...

I would have loved to but unfortunately I'll be working in Harrow and it's a bit of a trek to Brewood.

However, as this is sure to come as a great disappointment to you, I'll not only waive the advertising fee, I'll promote your comment to a proper post.

David Love said...

As excuses go that appears to be pretty bomb-proof. But thanks for the advert. I look forward to meeting all of your followers on July the 29th. I'll ask the club to reserve a table. It might be useful for those coming from overseas (or outside a 25 mile radius of Wolverhampton, actually) to note that any direction requests for BREWOOD will be met with by a blank stare. You need to ask for BROOD (to rhyme with lewd).

David

Bob Hale said...

Presumably a very small table. I think my entire Wolverhampton readership consists of you.