Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 24 September 2011

China: Teachers' Day Photos

As well as deciding to post some photos of the Teachers' Day Celebrations at our school, I've been experimenting with the on-line photo editor, i-piccy, as I may want to use it for class materials (if and when I get a printer!).

So the pictures in this post have, rather obviously, been submitted to various efects and alterations. I hope you enjoy them.

They are, in order

1) Some of the students in one of my Senior classes.
2) People at their morning exercises in the park.
3) A panorama of the 3000 kids in the school - you simply must click on this and look at the larger image!
4) The school, in all it's brand spanking new radiant glory.
5) Performers at the Festival.
6) An old boy does his impression of a Chinese Liberace.
7) My flat mate gets roped in to perform with the kids in a rendition of "Doe, a deer"
8) Dancing, traditional...
9)    ...and modern
10) Some of my colleagues at the second gigantic banquet in one day.
11) And the KTV (That's Chinese karaoke) experience that followed.