Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 23 February 2012

China: A Day In The Life Part 8

So, I said that I'd do a poem about lunch.
Sometimes I have a roast potato or sweet potato from one of the street vendors.
Sometimes I just have fruit or a sandwich.
Sometimes I cook. Sort of.

Lunch

I often make soup
but don't ask me what is in it.
Other people buy ingredients -
an absurd way to begin it.
I just open up the fridge
and take everything not spoiled
and chop it up together
and eat it when it's boiled.