Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Well That's Different #9: Medical Practice

While I was in Yangshuo I saw something that I don't think you are ever likely to see in England or America.
A young couple with a baby were walking along a crowded street. They had clearly come from the hospital. This was eveident because the woman was carrying the baby which had a tube taped into a vein while the man walked beside her with his arm held high in the air carrying a bag of what looked like saline drip into which the other end of the tube was fixed.

I know from personal experience that English hospitals sometimes send people home before they are fully recovered but I've never seen that before.