Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 20 December 2014

Recycled from Facebook: Pipistrelle

A friend challenged me to rewrite Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat from Alice in Wonderland as a double dactyl.
So I did. Here it is.

Winkily twinkily
Soprano pipistrelle*
Up in the sky so high
What are you at?

Just like a tea-tray, you,
Microchiroptera,
Flitter and flutter by:
Such a fine bat.


* Initially I had "tiniest pipistrelle: but that, it was pointed out, isn't a proper name. Soprana pipistrelle, a species of bat, is.