Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 19 December 2014

Recycled From Facebook: Pointing At Things

Well, I had hoped to do some Chinese lessons now that I'm here in Yangshuo but I just went to visit the school and it doesn't look possible. The sensibly priced courses are during the day when I'm working, and evenings and weekends are one to one private lessons only which would need half my salary to get a reasonable amount of time and practice. Looks as if I'll just have to keep on struggling by with pointing at things. It's a strategy that mostly work but fails utterly to persuade the bus driver to stop at the place where I wish to get off.