Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 12 January 2009

Alices in Wonderland: Part 13


There is a very nice modern edition that I have with illustrations by Lisbeth Zwerger that I'm rather fond of. Although the illustrations are very stylised they also have look about them like no others that I own. Actually I have quite a few unique ones, several of which will be cropping up later but this one is unusual in that it manages to have such a distinctive style but still retain a certain charm and simplicity. Some of the others sacrefice charm in search of novelty but not this one.

Meanwhile, back at the story...
Having failed to get dry by listening to the mouse more vigourous remedies are suggested in the form of a caucus race. In this everyone starts running whenever they like and stops running whnever they like and everybody wins.

No comments: