Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 16 January 2009

Existential Angst

I see that the excellent Garfield minus Garfield strip has wiped the floor with all the other contenders in a recent internet poll. Quite right too. I'm not going to repost here from it: you should all go out and buy the book or, if you don't fancy spending any cash, just read the web site.

For anyone who has managed to miss it, the central concept, by Dan Walsh - but approved of by Jim Davis - is the removal of Garfield from the cartoon strip which leaves a portrait of Jon Arbuckle as a sad, lonely and deeply disturbed young man trying to cope with the alienation of modern life.

I identify with him almost completely. Only the "young" doesn't fit. My favourite one is the one for 12th January.

No comments: