Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 30 January 2009

Alices in Wonderland: Part 21

Rene Cloke puzzles me. I have a number of editions, including one in Chinese, which show her as the artist. All but one of them have the same illustrations, as shown above, but one has significantly different illustrations in a much simpler styles. I have been unable to confirm whether she illustrated it twice or the different edition is incorrectly annotated.

Alice, now returned to a smaller size, makes good her escape from the house while the animals are busy trying to revive the stricken Bill.

No comments: