Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 28 August 2008

Seeking a simile

I spent my Metro ride home this evening trying to think of a suitable description for how I felt.

"I feel like I've done six rounds with Mike Tyson" is rather too well-worn a cliché.
"I feel like I've been run over by a steam-roller" doesn't really capture the all over weariness.
"I feel like a house fell on me" is a dull and prosaic simile.
"I feel like a ball in the lottery machine" would be open to too many alternative interpretations.
"I feel like I was standing in the way when the buffalo started to stampede" is getting pretty close.

I never did come up with a suitable answer but there is an upside. The next time I feel like this I'll know just what to say, "I feel like I've just done a day's ESOL enrolment."

No comments: