Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 11 August 2008

The wonders of Word

My previous post about archaeology contained this sentence.

“Hey, what about these cows on the railway tracks.”

Word underlined it in green. I thought perhaps Word wanted me to put a question mark. Possibly an exlamation mark.
Apparently not. The two suggestions offered were.

“these cows on the railway track” and
“this cow on the railway tracks”.

It seems I can have multiple cows on a single track or a single cow on multiple tracks but not multiple cows on multiple tracks.
I am constantly amazed at the oddness of Word’s grammar checker.

No comments: