Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Alices In Wonderland: Part 50 (The End)

The court transforms into a pack of cards which fly up towards Alice who wakes up to find the leaves of the tree falling onto her face. Realising that she has been dreaming she runs off home, leaving her sister sitting under the tree.


This illustration, by Justin Todd, unusually, takes the real life Alice Liddell as a model. The full page illustrations throughout the book are excellently done, with bright colours, though for my taste, Alice's facial expressions all seem a little flat and the layouts sometimes have a look more typical of 3D-computer renderings.
The edition is from Gollacz, 1984.

And that is the end of the book.

Sometime later I may attempt a similar exercise for Looking Glass but there are considerably fewer editions of that to work with and most of those are double editions whose art I have already shown here.

I hope you've found it entertaining but, if truth be told, we've barely scratched the surface of the available editions. There are so many more that I have, and so many more that I want, and so many more that I have never discovered. This collection won't be complete if I live to be a thousand. It will, I predict, keep on growing until it takes over the house.

No comments: