Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Monday 15 June 2009

A cautionary tale

There is a brief cautionary tale for travellers that goes with the poems in the last post. The party where I wrote them was at a hotel, in Coventry if memory serves, and because there was no way on Earth I was going to suffer soberly, I had booked a room for the night. So had many others.
About a week later I received a bill for the mini-bar in my room, a startling occurrence as I had far too much sense to use it. On examining the bill I realised it was for another employee of the company (whom I had never met) who had the same surname as me but a different first name. I forwarded it on to him and presumably he paid it. I certainly wasn't going to pay it. From the itemised list he seemed to have cleaned out the entire mini-bar at a cost of over £100. And remember this was more than twenty years ago. Moral: never use the mini-bar, and always check that it's your bill before you pay it.

1 comment:

robert said...

As we are about to spend a week at a hotel here in Greece this entry was surely of interest.