Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 11 June 2009

Is there in truth no beauty?

I was a little saddened by something I saw on my way to work this morning. We stopped at a station where a wild rose bush grows behind the bars of the fence. It has recently grown through the bars onto the platform and has had a splendid display of red roses that have brightened up the journey.
As we passed I saw a man with a very large electric hedge trimmer cutting the whole thing down, returning our view to just a plain, dull fence.

I don't know why he was doing this but I'm guessing the ubiquitous over-zealous application of perceived Health and Safety regulations. Of course I could be wrong. Either way I'd rather look at the roses than the fence.

No comments: