Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 3 January 2010

Ongoing 13

The next doodle shows penguins.
As a photographer I appreciate a good model and they don't come any better than penguins.

So, here's my new poem, Photographing Penguins.

The penguins who posed for the portraits I took
Were perfectly properly proud,
So poised and precise and yet prim in their look,
Though none stood apart from the crowd.
They preened and paraded with purest panache,
And pointed their beaks to the patchwork paint skies.
They presented a picture of style without flash,
Replete with a plumage to pick up the prize.
They patiently put up with all the palaver.
As I pointed my Pentax, they all turned to see.
Wrapped up in my parka, I looked so pathetic
That the penguins all peered with great pity at me.

No comments: