Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 3 January 2010

Ongoing 14

The next doodle has a group of people at the unveiling of a statue, well actually of a plinth - you are supposed to draw in the statue yourself. I started thinking about monuments and that led me to reflect on my trip to the DPRK which has probably got the largest per capita number of monuments of anywhere on Earth.

DPRK

I never saw a country as full of monuments
And as empty of hope.
I never saw a country as full of rhetoric
And as empty of scope.
I never saw a country as full of words
And as empty of truth.
I never saw a country as full of the young
And as empty of youth.
I never saw a country as full of the heretofore
And as empty of the hereafter.
I never saw a country as full of the absurd
And as empty of laughter.
I never saw a country as full of menace
And as empty of peace.
I never saw a country as full of the burden of life
And as empty of release.

2 comments:

David Love said...

Does the DPRK have a tourist board? I presume that they must, of sorts. Anyway, they might appreciate this although insist on royalties if they want to put it in a brochure.

Bob Hale said...

My guess is that if I sent them this they might send a nice man round to see me. A nice and rather menacing man.