Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 27 October 2009

How to talk to a salesman

Sitting here composing something to post on a message board I was interrupted by a knock at he door. It was a double glazing salesman. We already have double glazing throughout the house, a fact that clearly hadn't escaped his attention.

The conversation went like this.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but how long have you had your double glazing?"
"I do"
"Er, pardon?"
"I do"
"Do what?"
"Mind you asking."

Funny, he seemed rather nonplussed by my answers. I can't think why, they seemed logical enough to me. When he finally caught my meaning he asked, presumably in an attempt to engage me with humour,

"You're not going to hit me are you?"

He didn't stay much longer when I replied,

"Depends how persistent you are."

1 comment:

john am said...

I take it yer dad was nowhere around. I'd not have been so polite mind you.