Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 29 November 2009

Ongoing

Let's see if I can manage at least one poem a day, shall we?

The next picture in the book is of a caveman, drawing pictures on the walls of the cave.
And my poem to go with this picture is...

Cave Art

It’s all only art on the walls of a cave,
Messages sent from a cold ancient grave.
Down through the ages in primitive shapes
Histories passed on from apes unto apes.
These words that I write, they are more of the same
I am one of the ones who is passing the flame
By drawing my art on the walls of the cave
And sending it forth, beyond life, beyond grave.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I like it. Like most,I have lost a few friends along my journey. I like to think of them from time to time, just to keep their memory alive. This is their "art" hanging on my "walls". I'm pretty sure that the ones that have passed would have rather left their own memories than let me come up with my own, however precious as they are. Your words have inspired me my friend. I want to leave my art on the walls. I suggest that we all do, lest out histories be distorted.

Deardemonalcohol.blogspot.com
Dearalcohol.ning.com

Bob Hale said...

Thank you. It's always nice when someone likes something I've written.
The internet has given us all a gigantic cave wall to draw on. Maybe years from know someone will look at this particular bit of the cave wall and pause to reflect.