Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 24 November 2009

What's going on here then?

My blog has been around for a couple of years now. Apart from the occasional inexplicable spike it's chugged along with half a dozen hits a day, all, I suspect, from my friends. But since November 6th the trend has been inexorably upwards. Yesterday I had 76 distinct hits. That can't be my friends; I don't have 76 friends. If you are one of the new visitors I'd appreciate knowing how you got here and why you've stuck around. If I've suddenly started doing something right I'd like to know what it is so that I can do more of it.

6 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I just found out that you can search profiles by clicking the links in your own profile - I clicked 'Linguistics', and your name came up. You read a few of the same blogs I do :)

Bob Hale said...

Thanks Rachel.

Note to self: Read more blogs!

:)

Jarvissa said...

I googled the contestants names from the saatchi show last night and found you... ta daa!

Bob Hale said...

Thanks Jarvissa.

Note to self: Review more TV programs :)

Kristan Mensch said...

I believe I was just hitting the 'Next Blog' button. I found quite a bit of what you said interesting to read about - I'm not exactly sure why, haha. Like your post on misspelling a name in the paper, which is the golden rule that shouldn't ever be broken in journalism.

Thanks for letting me read!

Bob Hale said...

Thanks ZippyFaerie

I wonder how the next blog button chooses next blogs to display.