Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 2 July 2010

Another limp anecdote

Today I didn't have an argument with the mad woman in the office. It was touch and go, though. She saw me limping and asked what was wrong. I don't really enjoy conversing with her (few people do) so I told her as briefly as possible why I was limping and sat down to do some work.
She tutted sympathetically and asked seriously, "Have you tried Traditional Chinese Medicine or homoeopathy?"
The words "No but I have tried voodoo and sacrificing a goat" were on the way to my lips almost instantaneously but I managed not to say them.
Instead I said "I'm not prepared to get into an argument with you about alternative medicine."
She countered with, "Don't knock it unless you've tried it."
This time I managed to not say "I haven't tried a lobotomy, but I don't think it would help." settling instead for repeating that I wasn't going to discuss it.
She kept on trying to so I eventually went to work in another office.

Don't you admire my restraint?

No comments: