Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 30 July 2010

Ongoing #52/Harrow Daily Poem #9

Quick catch up for those who came in late...

I have two continuing poetry projects. One is my annual summer project (well I did it last year and I'm doing it this year, so I can call it annual if I want to.) This is to write a poem a day while I am away from home working at my Summer School job in Harrow. The other came about because I bought a book called "The telephone doodle book" which contains partially completed doodles which you are meant to complete while on the phone. I am ignoring that and using each doodle to prompt a poem.

This year I am combining the two projects. I don't want to commit to writing two projects a day.

So...

the next doodle shows various vegetable, some with faces drawn on. It made me think of Mister Potatohead.

You Are Mister Potatohead

Rearrange the features to make another face.
Fix the plastic smile firmly in its place.
Choose the ears and eyes; choose the mouth and nose.
Choose the shape and size and where all of it goes,
And when the thing is done, join the others in the game,
Secure in the knowledge that they've all done the same.

No comments: