Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 7 July 2011

A River of Stones:Final Act/Time Lapse

Two small pieces of writing for the river today because one of them should really have been added to yesterday, but I had no computer access.
Yesterday I left for the last time the house that has been my home for over forty years. It was a very strange and poignant moment. I wrote this on the train heading away.

as my final act
I walk around the house
closing all the doors
 
 
And now I am in Harrow on the Hill for my annual visit teaching EFL in summer school. As often happens there is a curious sense of time not passing as I walk throught he streets which are almost, though not quite, unchanged from when I left them a year ago. Different buildings have the scaffolding around them as they undergo refurbishment, some businesses have changed their names but on the whole it's the same.

my annual visit to the hill
has become a very slow exercise
in time-lapse photography

No comments: