Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Two Houses

My house sale is, I hope, progressing.
Out of curiosity about prices I  glanced at an estate agent window in Harrow today and noticed a very similar property being offered. Both are three-bedroomed, semi-detached houses. Both have large front and rear gardens. Both have their own garages. They were built around the same time and they are both described as needing "upgrading". The only significant difference in either the photographs or the descriptions is that whereas the one in Harrow has its own drive, mine has a shared drive with a neighbouring property.

Oh yes. There was one other tiny difference. I struggled to get offers at £80,000. The one in Harrow is listed at £290,000.

No comments: