Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Tuesday 5 July 2011

A River of Stones:Light

For a very long time now the house where the garden backs onto mine has had fast growing conifers along the fence that divides up. And I mean fast. From when they were planted to now they have grown to be much taller than the houses, tall enough in fact that if they fell towards my house they would reach the whole length of the garden. And the garden is about fifteen metres long.

Yesterday he cut them down to a rather more manageable size. They are probably no more than about eight metres high now and have been similarly trimmed in girth and density. It has made quite a difference and is the subject of today's River of Stones piece.

the garden is unusually light
there is suddenly sky
and behind my house
another house

my neighbour has finally
cut down his trees

No comments: