Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Politicians of the Future

I have a standard activity that I use with intermediate students. I put them in groups and give each person a local Government job - education, health and so on. I tell them what they need to spend money on next year and then I give the group a budget too small to cover the costs so that they can discuss what to do about it.

Today group one made all round cuts as fairly as they could. Group two made savage cuts and embezzled what was left of the money. Group three were the real stars, though. They borrowed money from next year's budget and paid for everything, reasoning that they wouldn't get re-elected anyway so someone else could worry about it later.

Brilliant!

No comments: