Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Sunday 8 March 2009

Alices In Wonderland: Part 33


For those who grew up listening to seventies progressive rock bands there were two absolute giants of album cover art - Roger Dean and Rodney Matthews. Dean was responsible for all those paintings that graced albums by Yes, Matthews did work for Barclay James Harvest, Magnum and Asia among others. Of the two I always preferred Matthews so when I saw that there was an edition of Alice by him I had to get it - and it's wonderful, full of detailed double page spreads like the one shown above.

Technically I think this may actually be an illustration of the Kingdom Hearts game rather than the book but it does fit nicely in at this point of the story.

When Alice goes through the door she finds herself at last in the beautiful garden.

No comments: